What is the waterproof layer made of?
The waterproof layer is baby safe TPU (which is solvent free rather than traditional PUL). It is the same style waterproofing used in the leading brands of cloth diaper covers, and is free of BPA, Phthalates, PVC, and Vinyl. In addition, our ultra-thin waterproof layer is sandwiched between the bottom two layers of fabric making it more durable and able to withstand frequent washes. Watch our "spill test" video demonstrating 12oz of water poured on our protector without leaking.
Are flame retardants used?
Our product is not treated with any fire retardant chemicals.
Will the crib pad fit a 6" mattress?
Yes, this crib mattress pad fits perfectly on a 6" crib mattress. In fact, in the PUREgrace household we have a 6" mattress and it is a perfect safe and secure fit.
Can you please explain how TENCEL is a superior fiber?
TENCEL is a pure botanic fiber found in nature. It is harvested from Eucalyptus trees and produced through a closed loop manufacturing process, which means it's eco-friendly and safe for the environment. We have done extensive research in choosing the fibers used in our product and found that TENCEL by Lenzing adheres to much stricter standards and uses very few chemicals compared to the production of bamboo, rayon, and many other fibers.
- Eucalyptus trees are a sustainable resource, as they regenerate quickly and do not require perfect soil conditions. In addition, the Eucalyptus trees used for TENCEL production are grown free of herbicides and pesticides. Lenzing sources their eucalyptus trees from forests certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and PEFC, which are highly regarded. Eucalyptus trees grow fast, very abundant, and and grow on less than perfect soil.
- The fiber yield of TENCEL is 10 times higher than conventional cotton, which means for every 1 cotton shirt you can make 10 TENCEL shirts can be made. Combined with quick regeneration of Eucalyptus tree forests, TENCEL is the fiber of the future. Here is a great link for more information.
- TENCEL is not bleached or dyed, making it chemical free.
- TENCEL is naturally hypoallergenic, it does not need to be washed, bleached, and put thru various processes, requiring chemicals, to be considered hypoallergenic. In addition, because TENCEL does not generate a static charge, dust and other particles do not cling to the fiber (like with cotton), giving it even more hypoallergenic qualities.
- TENCEL is softer than silk, cooler than linen, and more absorbent than cotton. See our products up-close in this 1 minute video.
- TENCEL possesses perfect moisture management. The higher the moisture absorption the drier the sleeping environment. TENCEL absorbs 70% more moisture than cotton in a controlled manner and then quickly releases it to provide the perfect dry sleeping environment. Ultimately decreasing "night time" wake ups from accidents and reducing bacteria growth without the addition of chemicals (it is nearly impossible for bacteria to grow on the fiber). The moisture control of TENCEL also reduces the static charge buildup on your bedding, especially in dry winter climates. This perfect moisture management is also why TENCEL is the fiber of choice for leading athletic garments as it keeps the wearer dry and cool while also inhibiting odor from sweat.
- TENCEL naturally deters bedbugs. In fact, in a study,TENCEL showed a reduction in bed bugs over time.
- TENCEL by Lenzing is manufactured with one non-toxic organic chemical compound and is tested and proved to not be in the fiber after production.
- Our Waterproof layer is baby safe TPU, which is a solvent free PUL. This means no chemical smell or dangerous off-gassing. It is the same style waterproofing used in the leading brands of cloth diaper covers, and is free of BPA, Phthalates, PVC, and Vinyl. In addition, our ultra-thin waterproof layer is sandwiched between the bottom two layers of fabric making it more durable and able to withstand frequent washes.
- Even though our products are made with natural TENCEL fibers, it is still easily machine washable. The great thing about TENCEL is that it actually gets softer the more you wash it! TENCEL also does not pill as fast as other fibers.
How do I install the mattress protector?
Watch our video here on how to install the crib mattress protector in under 30 seconds.
Where is this mattress cover made?
Our products are designed in the US and assembled in China. Our supplier is headquartered in the US, and we have strict quality standards in place for both China and the US.
Still have questions?
Contact us here and we will get right back to you!